Monday, April 28, 2008


Off she goes. She didn't get her calf. After this, I didn't try to get any more photos because there were dark clouds, and the sun was setting. We took our seats with my friend, Julie, and enjoyed the evening. When we did decide to leave later on, we stopped to say good-bye to a pick-up horse tied to the fence. I wish I could have gotten a picture. A pick up horse is a horse that a rider uses to pick riders up off of bucking broncs. Pick up horses are my heroes. They have to have very solid brains because nobody wants to go up next to a bucking horse and risk getting kicked. The rider's pick-up chaps were draped across the back of the saddle. My husband had seen this horse earlier and enjoyed scratching on it. Then an older man on horseback who my husband had seen in the arena came over to talk about the horse, which was his. Turned out the man was Tommy Owens, who had recently been inducted into a hall of fame. He owns the Circle T Rodeo Company our of Rankin, TX. He supplies the bucking stock to the AJRA. He is a wonderful man, and my husband much enjoyed talking to him. I was hoping we could go back to the rodeo the next morning, but we had a bad storm, so the rodeo on Sunday was canceled. I hope sometime to get a picture of my husband and Tommy Owens, a wonderful Texas true. And I can hardly wait until the next AJRA rodeo here in Mason, next year!

1 Comments:

At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found your site (from PW's site) I have really enjoyed your pictures. Will stop by again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home