Monday, September 03, 2007

Cool Reliable Horse


I have a dear friend from high school, one of the few with which I keep in contact. She sent a picture of herself on a horse she got to ride at times when they spent their summers in Colorado. She and I bemoaned the fact that it is hard to find horses like this anymore, cool, reliable horses. This is what she said about the horse:

This was Stormy, a horse we used to borrow for a week or two at a time when I was a kid in Silverton. He was parade trained, so he would rear back when you signaled him. I was ten when this was taken in Silverton - I would ride him downtown to meet the train and have him walk on his hind legs alongside the train, and all the tourists would take pics!! I was actually quite shy, but not when I got on a horse!!

3 Comments:

At 3:07 PM, Blogger Rising Rainbow said...

Wow! that is some horse. Those tourists must have been really wowwed by a greeting like that.

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger tj said...

...I dream of having a horse like that someday! Thanks for sharing a wonderful story!

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Thistle Cove Farm said...

You and Stormy look quite fabulous! Lucky tourists...to take your photo.

Merry Christmas and God's blessings on you, yours and the work of your hands and heart.

Sandra
thistlecovefarm.blogspot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home