Monday, July 16, 2007

Ro-day-o!



Once again it was Round Up time in our county. In the morning is a parade, and in the evening, the county Round Up queen is announced and then the rodeo. I think more than the rodeo I enjoy walking around and seeing the sites and experiencing the energy of the rodeo. Our park is a lovely park with tall pecan trees. At this time it is full of horse trailers, cowboys and cowgirls, lots of interesting people. It is a true Texas event. I told this young cowboy that I wanted to get a picture of him on his Appy, and then I showed him his picture on my camera after I took it. I've found that my photo subjects enjoy the instant gratification of seeing their picture immediately.

2 Comments:

At 1:49 PM, Blogger Jordon said...

Lovely, thanks for sharing :-) Next time, simply turn up the ISO on your camera and you'll be able to get better low light pictures.

 
At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just like the real Wild West. In Boston, where I live, we don't get this kind of thing at all. We have colonial-era folks running around, but that's it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home