Thursday, June 29, 2006

The first time I went to Enchanted Rock, it was a privately owned ranch. I was on a trail ride that I did every summer in my teen years with Mary McDermott, my best friend growing up. The Moss's, who owned the ranch, leased camping spots to the public. Of course, we all climbed the rock in our tennis shoes. We've lived in Mason County for almost 2 decades, less than an hour from Enchanted Rock, and this is the first time I've gone since I was a child. I have thought about it many times. Finally, with Jordon home this summer, I decided to go, this time wearing good hiking boots. We love to hike! There is also a loop around The Rock, as I call it, but this first time, we lonly went up The Rock because Jordon got tired from all the other rock climbing he did. We went back again a few weeks later, this time with Joel. Hopefully my husband Max will be able to join the next time. Enchanted Rock is here in the granite uplift country:http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/spdest/findadest/parks/enchanted_rock/Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home