Sunday, August 28, 2005

Tuesday morning, Jordon wanted us to take the hike up The Narrows, part of the Virgin River. I had remembered him talking about this a lot from last year, and how much it meant to him. Little did we know what lay ahead. It was a great challenge. Max and I ended turning back before we reached the forks, and Jordon and Lexa went on. Lexas is a Romanian young lady working at the lodge. She and Jordon were friends. But we still went a great distance. One thing we had to keep in mind was that we still had to go back, and we were hungry and very tired. The water was swift. I wore my ACG hiking shoes. I was so glad for them. They survived all that. Max and I also purchased walking sticks at the Zion Lodge. Ha-ha. I look at our niave, smiling faces. Little did we know. But still, when Jordon got back later on that afternoon, I told him that was one of the most remarkable experiences I'd ever had. It was life changing for me! I wouldn't have traded it for the world. Zion forever changed my life. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home